Wednesday, February 6, 2008

C-ash Wednesday

Today, February 6, is ash Wednesday. We spend this day remembering the dead, our sins and the necessity of changing our lives. My day job is a deliveryman for a pizzeria so today is a big day for me. Since people cannot eat any meat today, they order from me. This means for me increased tips which is the majority of the money i make each day. I don't view this day as just a chance to make money but to view the flaws in our faith.

On any other day most catholics including myself don't adhere perfectly to the bible and we think we do. So we use holy days as a way to make themselves feel that they are following jesus and his preachings. While im not trying to say i am a perfect Christian i believe if your going to advertise your faith you should follow it at all times and not when its convenient.

No comments: